Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hookin' away

Two of my latest crochet projects:  


The purple kerchief is something that I made using a very soft varigated yarn from the Vanna's Choice collection - Purple Mist.  And I don't usually do this, but I have kept this one for myself.  This is another project that I did without a pattern... I spend hours 'searching' for just the thing I want to make but never end up actually using a pattern.  The next time I wear this over my purple sweater I'll try to remember to take a picture so you can get a better idea of the yarn varigation.


The blue scarf is going to be a gift for a girl that I work with.  She's a Special Education teacher and has a heart of gold.  I will put it in her mailbox anonymously with a little note that reminds her how "warm she makes others feel", knowing all the while how warm this will make her feel.  : )

I loved using the chunkier yarn for a change.  Unfortunately I've already thrown out the label so I'll have to jot it down the next time I'm out buying yarn.


No comments:

Post a Comment